September 2011 Newsletter
1 September 2011
- Top Legal Fiction
- Supreme Court Clarifies Definition of "Materiality": Sharbern Holding Inc. v. Vancouver Airport Centre Ltd.
- Fraud and a Bank’s Duty of Care: Javitz v. BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc.
- Summary Judgment: Five Appeals to the Ontario Court of Appeal
March 2011 Newsletter
1 March 2011
- The Canadian Securities Act: Is it Constitutional?
- False Advertising: Ontario Courts Show Reluctance to Grant Interlocutory Injunctions Under Section 52 of the Competition Act
- Securities Class Actions: Silver v. Imax
- Damages in Class Actions: Appeal of Smith v. Inco Coming Soon
Click here for Ellen Bessner's publications
Edward Babin, Cynthia Spry & Clifford Jackman
"Injunctions in Misleading Advertising Cases" (2011) 24:1 Canadian Competition Law Review 69.